Even if you did not set a New Years Resolution by December 31, it is not too late to make an improvement in your life. Maybe the thought of saying "lose 20 pounds" caused you too much anxiety. Or you really did not want to set a big goal like "save $5,000 for a second honeymoon in 2015", only to be disappointed if you would fall short. Here are some ideas that are manageable!
- Take the stairs instead of elevators and escalators to get daily exercise.
- Schedule “me” time to turn off your cell phone, computer and other electronic devices.
- Don’t text and drive (as a matter of fact, don’t use your phone at all while driving).
- Be more than punctual—try to be early to every meeting you attend.
- Make more personal phone calls instead of sending emails and texts.
- Sign up for a dance or art class.
- Read one new book each month.
8. Make more eye contact during conversations
9. Use your credit cards for emergencies only by removing them from your purse or wallet. Only spend with whatever cash you bring with you.
10. Use products that are eco-friendly and don’t contain harsh chemicals.
11. Get more vitamin D by taking some time to spend outside. Don’t forget the sunscreen.
12. Stop late-night snacking: your body will take the calories and store them as fat.
13. Floss your teeth more often.
14. Spend a few hours a week enjoying time with your family. Don’t allow any external distractions.
15. Start recycling by having a designated bin available and educate yourself about what items are recyclable.
16. Grow a simple garden: start with herbs that are easy to grow and maintain.
17. Don’t litter.
18. Incorporate more vegetables in your meals.
19. Substitute red meat for turkey, chicken or even pork.
20. Buy fresh vegetables instead of canned, which often don’t have as many vitamins and minerals.
21. Designate a family dinner night that everyone must attend.
22. Help others by volunteering.
23. Donate furniture and clothes that you no longer use to those in need.
24. For everything negative you say, say two things that are positive.
25. Eat more high quality dark chocolate – it’s loaded with antioxidants.
26. Have more fruit for snack instead of chips or candy.
27. Drink water or green tea instead of coffee to reduce caffeine intake and keep you hydrated.
28. Bring your lunch from home more often.
29. Eat five new foods this year. Have you tried kale, quinoa, coconut oil or almond butter yet?
30. Give someone a compliment once a day, but really mean it.
31. Rearrange your furniture every once in a while to create a new living space.
32. Bring some of the items that make you happy at home to your workspace, like photos of family or small trinkets.
33. Spend money on things that create memories.